It has been too long. So much has happened in my life that I haven't found time to document it at all. So here's a recap-
1. Levi celebrated his birthday at Medieval Times in Dallas. He took his friend Ethan with him. We had a blast. He was knighted. Good times.

2. We went on our trip to Ukraine. It was the start of an amazing turn in our lives. I fell in love with the many orphans we met there. My heart was softened in a major way.
3. Levi asked to be baptized while we were in Ukraine. We made him wait until we got home. He was baptized by his father at our church here in Ada. We are incredibly proud of his decision.
4. After opening my heart to adoption, God answered my prayers. Josh was hesitant, but God pried open his heart, too. We have applied to be foster-adoptive parents through the tribe here in Ada. I'm still amazed that I can type those words. Never thought...but God is good. And as Josh says, "We are living in a no fear zone." I love him.
5. In November, we found out that my mother has breast cancer. Our "no fear zone" was shaken but did not fall. I was blessed with the experience of being able to care for Mom after her surgery. It has brought me closer to both my parents. It has made me think a lot about my own health. It has forever changed who I am.

6. Our friends went on a mission trip to Honduras. After hearing their report and of their plans to return, Josh has made the decision to go in April. I can't believe I'm typing those words, either. You just never know...
And now...my baby is about to turn 6. My first-born is about to turn 11. And our whole world may be turned upside down by one or more foster daughters in the near future. Hopefully, I will post a blog again before that.
No comments:
Post a Comment