Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Conversations with a 3 year old...

I love to listen to the conversations of 3 year olds. I am privileged to do so every Monday, Wednesday and Friday when our dear Jackson comes over to play. They delight me with their little minds...in between fits of "he took it from me!" and "I need to go potty!". It keeps me busy, anyway.

This morning on the way to take Levi to school, they saw some dark clouds above us and started in. "Mika, look- a storm!" "Mommy, there's a storm! Oh no! Lightning!" I reassured them that it was okay...then began to point it out to Levi. "Levi, look at that dark cloud mass above us. Isn't it moving so fast?" I said. The 3 year olds heard me (partially) and began talking to one another about it. This is a summary of what I heard. "Jackson, look at that cloud mask...it's MOVING...it's moving FAST...it's coming to get us." "I don't see a mask, Noah." "It's RIGHT THERE...that dark cloud mask. Mommy said. It's moving fast. Do you see it?" "I don't see a mask, Noah! Where?" I was rolling!

Levi had his 2nd baseball practice last night which lasted 2 hours!!! I wasn't thrilled...especially because I was occupying Noah the whole time. He, of course, took to entertaining the crowd of parents around us; pretending to be in a rocket or talking to the ants on the fence. Out of nowhere, he turned to me and shouted, "Mommy, you said a bad word and you go to time out RIGHT NOW!" When I asked him what bad word I had said, he said, "that one." ??? Then he took my keys, pretended he had a cell phone and "called Grandpa" to tell on me. Everyone around us was cracking up! And he KNEW IT, too! I think we have a little Will Ferrell on our hands.

Levi played catcher last night. Did pretty good, I think...although I'm no baseball expert. He seemed to enjoy it. I can't believe he stayed focused for a 2 hour practice- but he really did! A lot of other kids were complaining that they wanted to leave. Levi never did. I was really proud of him! We hadn't even had dinner yet, so he had every right to be grumpy. Grabbed McDonald's on the way home, read "Horton Hears a Who" or as Noah calls it, "Hoot de Hoot", and managed to get them into bed by 9:30. What a night!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I am loving this! I just love to hear stories about your boys. Noah's conversations crack me up!!! So glad Levi like baseball.