Thursday, March 27, 2008

Overwhelming Love...

Why is it that there are certain days you find yourself overwhelmed with love for your children? This week has been full of them- not typical for me. Perhaps it was because Josh is out of town and I can focus all of my attention on them. I'm not sure. At any rate, it seems that every word coming from Noah's mouth is incredibly adorable this week. I want to write them all down...but most of them have left my memory already! Tonight, at Levi's baseball practice, Noah met a little boy his age. He walked directly up to him and squatted down (because he is so much taller than this little boy). He said, "My name's Noah. What's your name?" The little boy said, "My name Zeke." Noah quickly said, "Hello my-name-Zeke. And dis is my Mommy. Do you want to see her? There she is- she loves me all the time!" Then he grabbed me around the knees and gave me a big hug. Warms my heart just thinking about it!

Levi has been exceptionally sweet as well this week...still 8 years old and a little done with his baby brother...but sweet. He has slept in every morning this week, I think. I can't remember the last time he's slept so late! This morning, I practically had to DRAG him out of bed. He tried, of course, to reason with me- to persuade me to let him sleep more and skip school. "Mom, you know how tired I am...you know I'll be in a bad mood and I'll just get into lots of trouble at school!" Didn't work, of course. When he could see that I wasn't going to budge, he said, "Just throw a cup of water in my face- that's what Daddy says he'll do." splash! Well, it worked! And he loved it, too!

I am thankful for weeks like this. I only hope I can remember them during other weeks- when my back is tired and my feet are sore and I just want them to leave me alone! It is a privilege to mother these precious boys...and I am overwhelmed with love for them and the God who gave them to me.

4 comments:

Emily said...

How cute! I love the Noah comment about she loves me all of the time. PRICELESS! Makes your heart melt!
I am so glad Levi is sleeping well. Any hopes it will last for Saturday morning???? Zachary always wants me to wake him up by squirting him in the face with a water bottle. Boys, boys, boys.
Emily

Mike and Karon Freeman said...

Mika Jo is getting paid back -- that's all I can say! I love you so much and know how much fun you are having just from the words you write!
I love you, Mom

Emily said...

Karon's comment is cracking me up! LOVE IT!

Mika Hinson said...

Y'all both need to HUSH. Paid back? What are you talking about, Mom- I was an ANGEL! An ANGEL, I say!