Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Precious Prayers...
There isn't much I enjoy more than listening to my sons pray. I know God has to enjoy it, as well. There isn't enough space in my head or on my hard drive for all the words they've whispered that have brought me to my knees in thanksgiving to God for allowing me to be with these little angels here on earth. Lately, Levi's prayers are becoming more and more adult-like...so I cherish the child-like prayers from Noah. Last night, as we are very concerned for our friend Debbie Bynum who is suffering from spinal meningitis, Noah prayed, "God, thank you for this day but what I really need is for you to take care of Ms. Debbie." He went on to say something about "so she won't be in the hospital...and you know, hurting...and stuff." It was so simple, so precious. He took the words right out of my heart! Why is it that as we grow older, we feel the need to sound so important? Being a mother provides me with so many opportunities to remember that God is my father- not a publishing house I need to impress. Thank you, God for ignoring my many refrains, picking through the details and listening to the heart of the matter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment