Monday, December 8, 2008

the Payoff...

For the first time in awhile, we had what seemed like a pretty chilled out weekend. Friday night, the boys stayed over with their grandparents while Josh and I went on a date to the city! We picked out a new mattress while we were there, as well! What a treat! Then on Saturday, Noah had a birthday party to attend and Josh took the boys to the Ada Pow Wow while I went grocery shopping. That night, we made our own Christmas ornaments from salt dough, watched the Polar Express while the ornaments were cooling and painted them after the movie was over. It was a lot of fun! Sunday was church as usual; my afternoon lesson was canceled (so I got a lot of laundry done) and then we had my in-laws out for dinner and Trivial Pursuit.

Life is full of appointments and to do lists. It was so nice to have a pretty calm, family-friendly weekend. And I have to say, I feel well-rested this morning and in better shape to start my week. Things with Levi have gone smoothly today, as well. In the car, after we dropped Noah off at CBA, he said the sweetest thing to me. I'll never remember the exact words, but it was something like, "Mom- I'm really glad we have this time together. It's really cool that you get to be my teacher." Pretty neat, huh? Especially from an 8 year old boy. I love those moments. That sweet baby boy is still in there somewhere, God bless him!

What's the trick to feeling this way every Monday? Maybe it's impossible...but I am determined to try. All the running around is no substitute for quality time at home building memories with my children...the pay off is pretty nice, too!

No comments: