Saturday, August 9, 2008
Lost In Translation...
I think I'm such a good communicator with my children. We talk about everything. I explain the why's of nearly every rule. I am consistent (most of the time). But apparently, something I said to Noah was lost in translation. I don't like my children to use the word "butt." I know that may seem over the top...but I just don't. So, at our house, we say "bottom." Noah has heard "kick his butt" several times on television and we've always made a big point to say, "Oh, I don't like that. We don't say that, do we Noah?" And he'll say, "No, Mama." However, the other night his brother said another word I don't like: "stupid." We've talked about that, as well...but not in great enough detail I guess because Noah was very quick to say, "Oh, bubba- we don't say stupid...we say bottom." Cracked me up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that kid!
Post a Comment