We are in our third day of negotiating to buy a house. This is ridiculous. And so, I will focus on more pleasant things...
Last Thursday evening, we were blessed to have my sister and her family pay us a visit. It's always so great to be with them- especially for the kids. Having their only cousins live so far away just isn't fair! While Talia is two years younger than Levi, her level of maturity is much higher. She is such a good example and has a softening affect on him. Being a boy and a girl, they often have a hard time finding things in common. As Talia carried around the poodle Webkinz we'd given her for her birthday, Ginger overheard this conversation: "Okay, Talia- I'll be a baseball player and you...you be a lady holding a puppy." Whatever works, right? Aiden is three months younger than Noah. I think one day, the similarity in age will work to their advantage. Right now, it just means they want the same toys at the same time- which is fine when Grammy's around, because let's face it- she'll buy 2 of everything! For now, we enjoy moments of play followed by moments of drama. We took the kids to the Sam Noble Museum of Natural History and enjoyed Aiden's attempt to play Ninja Warrior with the dinosaur bones. He would get in his Ninja stance and face them head on! Hilarious. Those kids are precious to me. I miss them so much. While I'm so thankful they have a home they love in Minnesota, it breaks my heart to say good-bye. I stood on the porch waving to them and Aiden said, "I love you, Aunt Mika." Then he turned to his mother and said, "I love her, Mommy."
It's always good to see Ginger and Kenyon, as well. We played cards, watched the olympics and had some great conversations. Wish we could see them more...but we're so grateful that they're willing to travel all this way to see us. It's a real sacrifice.
Now back to housing anxiety...
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment