Friday, September 12, 2008

Precious to Me...

I always take my wedding ring off when I wash my face or take a shower. Last night, as I was washing my face, Noah came in and picked it up.

"Can I try on your ring, Mommy?"

"No, sugar. That's very precious to Mommy. Put it down, please." (I could just see him launching it in the toilet!)

"Why is it precious, Mommy?"

"Because your Daddy gave it to me."

"You mean, it's DADDY'S ring?"

"No. I mean he gave it to me when he asked me to marry him."

A look of completely jaw-dropping shock came over him.

"You're marrying Daddy?"

I was laughing too hard to explain quickly enough.

"DON'T MARRY DADDY, MOMMY! DON'T! I'LL HAVE TO LISTEN FOR A LONG TIME!"

I didn't get it at first. Then it hit me. We just went to that wedding in Lubbock and he didn't want to have to sit still for a long ceremony again!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love little peoples thoughts!