Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Choosing to Fill the Silence...

Kids say a lot of things...for a lot of different reasons. Noah is going through a new phase that I am cherishing with every bit of my heart- because who knows how long it will last? Whenever he walks into a room with no particular goal in mind (just wandering around), he'll say, "Mom...you know...I love you." He says it probably 20 times a day...no joke. It's so funny to me. He's just saying it because he can't think of anything else to say- and heaven forbid he go without speaking every five minutes- but I'm thankful that THAT'S how he's choosing to fill the silence. "Mom...you know...I love you." It cracked me up at first...now it just warms my heart. Sometimes he yells it from the next room while he's watching t.v.! Sometimes, he wanders over while I'm at the computer, lays his head in my lap and whispers it. Last night, he said it while I was washing his hair in the bath. How ever he says it, whenever he says it, I try to think ahead to the years when he'll wipe away my kisses and beg me to keep my distance at the mall! It's not so far from now, says my mother-in-law.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Loraly does the same. At one point, she was saying it literally every 2-5 minutes. She did it at the doctors office once and he kind of looked at me funny. I said, "I know, she says it ALL THE TIME!" He seemed to think that she says it when she is nervous. I agree now, because she still does it in certain situations, along with other times when she just wants to tell me!
It's great to be so loved, isn't it?!

Sarah said...

That is so sweet. I love your blog too. It's so thoughtful. I will be excited to be able to communicate with you all again through blog land!