Because we were in Lubbock, we chose to stay with my Aunt Sharon and Uncle Herb. They were so kind to us; treating our kids like their grandkids. The boys thoroughly enjoyed their time there. We were fortunate enough to get to spend time with a lot of relatives on my side of the family. My precious Aunt Bonnie and my grandmother, as well. The boys love meeting their far-away-family. Noah ran right up to each of them and gave big hugs. It was so sweet!
My cousin Denise brought over her little boys, Cason and Collier to play. They hit it off right away.
We went to church at Monterrey with them Sunday morning and were surprised to run into a couple of old friends from college, Windy and Andrew Babcock and their two beautiful daughters! Hadn't seen them in at least 7 years. After church, my cousin Jill brought her children, Indy and Sydney to lunch. Indy (who hasn't seen Levi in a few years) was a little shy until he saw the Bakugan in Levi's hand. "You got Bakugan in there?" he said. "Yeah. Let's do this." was Levi's reply. They were thick as thieves within minutes.
Cousins are a blessing, aren't they? Wish we were closer...Noah said, "Mommy, I want to live in Lubbock." When I told him we couldn't, he was very upset. I had to remind him that his Mema and Poppie just moved to Ada to be near him. That was the only thing that would change his mind! He became pretty attached to all our Lubbock family.
We didn't get home until 11:00 Sunday night. It was a longggg drive...but the boys entertained us all the way home. At one point, it was late and the adults were getting pretty tired. Daddy said, "Boys, I'm about to lose my cool." Levi's reply? "You can't lose what you don't have, Dad." Oh dear. Big brother got a little bossy, too. Little brother explained: "You're not the boss, bubba. Daddy's the boss and Mommy's the boss and I'm a child. You're not the boss." Cracked me up! Love those boys!
So glad to be home!
1 comment:
Oh Aunt Sharon! I remember the night she stayed with us when both of our parents were out of town! Such a sweet lady! ;)
Tell Josh for the record I think he is cool, but that was a great come back from Levi. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE that kid!
Noah sounds like the PC child. Covering all of his bases!
I am sure you were quite entertained in the car. Oh what I wouldn't give to tag along on one of your road trips! You will have to write a book one day!
Post a Comment