We seem to be surrounded by those who are adopting internationally. I applaud their decision and enjoy so much hearing about their journey. It is truly a blessing. They are busy fund raising and blogging about the process. And it's a far cry from what we're doing. There are videos plastered all over the internet about international adoption. There are television shows about it. There are movie stars doing it. It's all very glamorous. And each story is more precious than the next to me. I know there are kids living in poverty all over the world who need a forever family to love them.
But because we are choosing a different path, most days I feel alone. Although we are adopting, we cannot discuss the details of our journey for the safety of the children involved. I will not be able to post pictures of our daughter(s) to this blog until she/they is/are officially ours. And who knows how long that will be. Who knows how many children we may care for before we find the one/ones we will be able to adopt. There are no fundraisers in her honor or t-shirts designed to show support for her. There will not be a crowd at the airport or a video montage of her journey home set to Christian music.
There will not be a parade in her honor. But there will be rejoicing in heaven when she finds her way home to us. I know that the angels will be singing Hallelujahs. And that's enough for me.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment