Noah Ray Hinson is 4 years old today! He woke us up by saying, "Happy Birthday, Mom!" I explained, "No, it's YOUR birthday. Happy Birthday to YOU!" A few minutes later he exclaimed, "Happy Birthday to ME!" He has energy coming out of his ears this morning! Singing, running, dancing, begging for birthday fun! He requested cereal straws for his birthday breakfast; chicken nuggets, macaroni and french fries for his birthday dinner; and a Ben 10 cupcake cake. We'll take cookies to school later to share with his friends. Then on Friday, we'll take Jackson and Kaleb to Chuckie Cheese's with us in OKC. (couldn't go until Friday because of my studio) My favorite quote so far this morning is, "I'm not a dork anymore!" (a few weeks ago, I overheard Levi tell him that when he turned 4, he wouldn't be a dork anymore)
We prayed and prayed for our little Noah. It took us two years to conceive him. But God's timing was and is and always will be better than our own. After completing fertility treatments and taking various medications, we had given up. I began changing my prayer requests from "please let us have another child" to "please give me peace". It wasn't until after we'd already named him that I found out one definition of his name is "He who brings peace."
We are grateful for this little bundle of hope. He is a precious gift to us! He teaches me about contentment all the time. He appreciates the little things and wakes up happy EVERY morning. He lives in an imaginary world and has the ability to draw you right into it with him! I love his smile, his laugh, his creativity, his energy and his zest for life! Thank you God for Noah.
1 comment:
Precious little ball of LOVE! I love Noah Ray and wish him a great birthday! What a joy he is!
Post a Comment