I found out this morning that my grandmother passed away. She was the only active grandparent in my life. It is difficult to say good-bye. Of course, I will always remember:
...trips to Ruidoso in the Wagoneer.
...playing cards and getting beat!
...playing with your rings.
...watching Nick at Nite with you in bed.
...peppermint ice cream.
...Wiley Coyote.
...If You're Smoking In This House, You'd Better Be On Fire.
...speeding tickets.
...you always had gum...always.
...the fuzz buster!
...playing at the farm house.
...stories...oh the stories!
...listening to the Statler Brothers or Ray Stevens.
...the pig collection.
...your smile.
...singing tenor.
...your stubborn ways.
...knowing you would always be there (every major event in my life).
...sharing your salad with Noah at Chili's in Plainview.
...our last Christmas together.
I'll miss you, Grandma! But we'll meet again...
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Mika. I am so sorry! You and your family are in our prayers! Talk to you soon, hang in there.
Post a Comment