Friday, May 9, 2008

The Darndest Things...

Noah- "What are you going to do for me, Mommy?"

Me- "What do you want me to do, Noah?"

Noah- "Something else good!"

Kids really do say the darndest things...and not just when Bill Cosby's in the room. I love to hear what's going to come out of their mouths next!

Noah- "Can I have some coke?"

Me- "No."

Noah- "PLEASE!"

Me- "No, Noah. No coke."

Noah- "How 'bout you, Daddy?"


Last week, I enjoyed listening to this conversation from the next room:


Noah- "Ouch."

Jackson- silence

Noah- "Ouch, Jackson."

Jackson- "What?"

Noah- "You're standing on my foot, Jackson!"

Jackson- "Oh. Sorry, Noah."

Noah- silence

Jackson- "Noah, are you mad at me?"

Noah- "No, I'm not mad at you. I'm just a little upset because my foot is
broke."

I was in stitches!

Wednesday evening, we were at Red Robin ordering our dinner. I said, "Noah, tell the waiter what you want." To which he replied, "Um...do you have any lady bugs?" Then he laughed at his own joke! He ended up ordering pizza. "Pepperoni or Cheese?" To which he replied, "Um....peppewoni, I fink."

I was in a hurry to leave CBA today, so after many attempts at getting him to go, I finally said, "Good-bye, Noah." and began to walk off. He screamed, "No, Mommy!" and ran to me, throwing his arms around me. "I was worried of you, Mommy!"

And at lunch the other day, he didn't want to finish his milk because, "that milk makes me nervous." I love it!

Do you ever wonder if God listens to us the way we listen to our children? Our simple minds must be comical when compared to the thoughts of the King of the Universe. I'm sure He thinks I'm a HOOT!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Cute pic of Noah! Are those your shoes that he has on? They are cute too! Funny story. Loved it!

Happy Mother's Day, you are one of the best I know!
ec

Mika Hinson said...

Yes they are my shoes...courtesy of my wonderful mother-in-law! (a birthday gift) I love them!

Emily said...

I like your new look. Aren't you getting blogger savvy? :-)
I enjoyed talking to you last night.