Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sweet Relief...

Sweet relief! It's over...and it went so well. This years Spring Recital was a BIG undertaking and it turned out nicely, I thought. There were a few moments of piano confusion, but other than that, it went smoothly, I thought. And even the moments of confusion were recovered from nicely. Each vocal student performed two songs...some in Italian. I was really proud of their bravery at such a young age. There were 14 in all- two students who could not attend. It was PACKED with parents/grandparents and friends. A nice display of support, I thought. I teach THE BEST kids from THE BEST families in Ada and I'm so thankful to be a part of their lives. This is a shot of a few of them...most of them had left BEFORE I had the good sense to get a picture. Tyson Brown (a local photographer and friend of ours) wanted credit for the photo.
There ya go, Tyson!

3 comments:

Emily said...

YEAH for the recital! I know you are proud of your students and glad to have it all behind you. They may be the BEST students, but you are the BEST teacher, I just know it! Now you can relax and enjoy yourself!

Anonymous said...

We are so blessed to have you as a teacher and friend. Winston thinks the world of you! He loved his award--he was glowing! You are so thoughtful! Love you! Oh--thanks for putting a pic of my husbands nostrils on the world wide web--he deserves it :)!

Mika Hinson said...

He DOES, doesn't he? ;)