Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hinson Home...revisited

Here's an overview of the first floor. The giant room with the wood floors on the lower right is actually the garage...and will not have wood floors, of course! Had a good meeting with the architect this morning. They gave us this big folder we have to go through...preferences for cabinetry, trim, etc. It's getting exciting!

He moved my kitchen...but I think I like it better this way. I got a corner pantry and maintained the breakfast bar. We worked in a half bath on the first floor for company and I'm really excited about OUR bathroom...walk-in shower and dual sinks. Our laundry room is big enough that I think I can put in a folding table, which I've always wanted. He said we're getting to the final stretch of design. We'll meet with him again in 2 weeks.

Noah came with us to the meeting this morning. We haven't really explained building a new house to him. Levi knows everything in detail, of course- who could keep it from him? But with Noah, he's so young, we haven't really shared this news. Well- he got his first taste of it this morning. The architect put the designs in this 3-D program where we can do a virtual walk through of the house. It's really cool. Noah sat in my lap and "walked through" the house with us. He kept saying things like, "That's our house? Where's Jackson? Is Jackson in that house? Where's toys? Where's my room? Are toys in my room? Looks at those chairs! Those are our new chairs!" After the meeting, Noah had a hearing test at the doctor (which went fine- his hearing is normal). He decided that every piece of furniture in the waiting room was going to be in our new house. Then we came home to our current house and he said, "Is this our new house?" I said no. "No? It's our old house? Is it broke?" I said no. "Oh, is it fixed? We don't need our new house?" So many questions! I explained to him that he and Levi would have seperate bedrooms- that they wouldn't sleep together anymore. "Why Mommy?" I'm not looking forward to that- I think Noah will be VERY upset to not have big bubba in his room anymore...hopefully he'll get used to the idea because Levi CAN'T WAIT!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I can alreay visualize the plastic folwers in the flower beds! ;)