Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Without a Hitch...

We went to Oklahoma City yesterday. Levi had a follow up appointment with Dr. Cuccio and we decided to take the day off and just play! Josh took off work. I canceled my students. Noah played hooky from CBA. And Levi gladly missed a day of school! First was Levi's appointment at OU Medical. It went very well. For those of you who know his current situation, you will be glad to know that the Dr. thought his medication was working well and he was "right where he needs to be." She's always very impressed with how verbal Levi is and pointed out to me that most kids would dive for the toys in her office while Levi prefers to sit and chat. Interesting...

After that, we took a long-awaited trip to Chuckie Cheese. Now, I know what you're thinking. If you have a Chuckie Cheese near you- you must think I'm CRAZY for even letting my children know it exists! When we lived in Albuquerque, we took Levi all the time. He loved it. It can be tiring, I admit. But I just think it's a SIN that Noah has never been before. And let me tell you what, he enjoyed the heck out of that place! He stood at the feet of the mechanical mouse on stage. He looked at him with absolute wonder on his face. "Hi, Chuckie. Hi, Chuckie Cheese. Mom- it's Chuckie Cheeses! It's Chuckie Cheeses where a kid can be a kid, Mommy!" (quoting the commercial verbatim) "Mommy can I hold him? Is he going to get down from there? Mommy he's singing! Look he's singing to me!" Hilarious. Then he enjoyed climbing in all the tunnels and playing every game he could figure out. The pizza and orange soda, normally his favorite meal, were a side-line to the activities. Josh and I both enjoyed playing with Levi and fought over whose turn it was to "play" while the other was forced to keep an eye on Noah who has a tendency to talk to anyone who will listen! When it was time to go, lots of tears were followed by a pathetic, "Good-bye, Chuckie! Good-bye!"

After that, we found Levi a pair of baseball cleats, got a frozen custard, and hit Hobby Lobby. After all this stimulation, I am used to my husband subtly turning the steering wheel toward home, but he surprised us all by driving toward the movie theater. We went to see Nim's Island. The movie itself was very good- however that wasn't the best part of it. We had the entire theater (a LARGE theater) all to ourselves! Not another person in sight. Noah ran from the front row to the back row and sat in every seat in between, I think. I would lose sight of him momentarily- panic- and then see a curly little head pop up somewhere else in the dimly lit theater. Levi sat by me for awhile, then migrated to the very front row...makes my neck hurt just thinking about it. Josh and I enjoyed sitting by ourselves...

When the movie was over, we ate a nice dinner at the Outback, headed over to Target for some more shopping and then traveled home. We were gone from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. What a day! The boys had a blast and so did we! I'm thankful for family outings that go off without a hitch- they are certainly rare!

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a FUN day! I am so happy everything went well. That is definately rare and I know you all enjoyed it! It is so much esier when the kids get older!