I've been in an allergy coma for two days...does anyone else have issues with Zyrtec? It makes my kids hyper...but makes me drowsy...and just plain loopy! I have to ween myself off of it tonight in order to drive to Waco tomorrow.
Catching up on house work and laundry isn't fun when Mommy's been "out of the office" for two weeks. It is amazing to me how many wrappers and empty juice box pouches I have found in the last 24 hours. Is our trash can in Siberia or what? These boys are driving me crazy!
They're driving each other crazy, too. This morning, Noah figured out what the word "exist" means. Now he's using it to torture his brother. Levi was talking about Bakugon (his latest obsession) this morning and every character that he named "doesn't exist" according to Noah. He was doing it to get under Levi's skin and it sure worked. Later, we were on our way to the Brown Box (my favorite store in Ada) and I said, "Let's go get a card at Ms. Christy's store." "Ms. Christy doesn't exist," I heard from the back seat. Seriously. He's three. Later this afternoon when I put him down for a nap he asked when his Daddy would be home. "5:30." "Good, I love my Daddy." I said, "That's so nice, Noah. I'll tell Daddy that you said that and it will make his heart happy." To which he replied, "And then I'll say, just kidding- I don't love you Daddy and he'll CRY!" (with a big evil grin)
I do feel sorry for him, though. Mommy being gone was obviously very traumatic. He follows me everywhere lately. I picked up my car keys this morning to hang them on the hook in the kitchen and he immediately began to panic. "Are you leaving, Mommy?" I've been preparing food for a wedding shower this morning and that stressed him out, too. "Can I come, too, Mommy? Are you leaving me?" He insisted on singing with me on the praise team yesterday, too. I feel smothered but honored at the same time...it's like having a really good looking stocker!
Levi has enjoyed being home, as well. I think Academy was stressful for him in other ways. I learned so much about my son during that two weeks. It wasn't easy...but I think it was a valuable experience for me as his mother. I'll post more on this subject later. Still trying to unravel it all...
Well, Waco here we come! Grandpa- get the pond ready!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment