Remember when you were a kid and ALL you wanted was to be an adult? It looked like so much fun- even paying bills looked cool, somehow. We are patiently waiting (okay maybe not so patiently) on our bid. The builders said to expect it in 4 to 6 weeks. I think it'll be 6 weeks by the end of this week. It wouldn't be so difficult if I wasn't so unsure of things. With gas prices on the rise, we want to make sure this is the best financial move for us at this time in our lives. I don't want to live in a shack in the sticks! If I'm going to move 10 miles out of town, I'd better like the house I'm living in, cause goodness knows the woods don't interest me! Josh, on the other hand longs for the great outdoors- the peace and tranquility of it all (which cracks me up because the bugs are louder than city traffic to me, but c'est la vie!).
I'm a planner. I want to know where I'm going, how I'm going to get there, what it will look like and smell like and how long it's going to take me to arrive. This hanging out in the great unknown is the PITS. All kinds of wise words fill my head. "All in God's time." "Patience is a virtue." "Trust in the Lord." I pray. We pray. It soothes me for awhile until my foot starts twitching again and I need something to keep my mind busy. Oh for the innocence of childhood- everything decided for you; the boundlessness of the imagination; your only burdens piled in a Hefty bag, dropped off quickly in the alley and carried away by someone else.
I know He takes my burdens- little bit by little bit as I offer them up. It is not easy to hand it all over...the older I get, the more I think I can handle on my own. What a foolish thought. And even more foolish to recognize its foolishness and continue to act like a fool. Children don't spend much time worrying. Have you noticed that? They are quick to trust in the leaders around them; sure they will be taken care of; not always happy with the answers given to them- but they continue to count on those leaders for guidance because they recognize their authority. Is that what the true nature of my crime is? Do I not recognize the authority of the Lord?
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them for the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Perhaps if I could learn to lean on him as a child does, I could escape the burden of anxiety and find a little heaven here on earth.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Still no bid? Sometime soon I hope!
Great background! You are so blogger savvy!
Post a Comment