Friday, July 11, 2008

Pretty Much Abandoned...

Working Moms, I salute you!

Next week, I will begin teaching at the Chickasaw Nation Summer Arts Academy for two weeks. Last year, our home life was kind of a WRECK during Academy, so I've spent today preparing casseroles to freeze so that we'll at least have some home cooked meals. This is my second year to teach at CSAA. It's a great program...and I'm happy that Levi will be able to attend this year. I teach the Vocal Music portion of the Fine Arts Rotation for children ages 8 to 12. They are all exposed to Dance, Theater, Art, Literary Art and Vocal Music. It's a long day, with a different group of kids entering my classroom every 50 min...but it's totally worth it. Levi is really excited about attending!

Of course, that leaves Noah on his own, poor guy. I've lined up different babysitters and I hope he'll enjoy a fresh face or two around here. He's already cried about it several times. I was surprised that he actually remembered if from last year. It must have made quite an impression on him- Mommy being gone for that long. Neither one of my children are very good at being without Mommy for that long. Last night at dinner Levi prayed, "Thank you for my Mom, my Dad, and my brother. And thank you that this year I can go to CSAA with Mommy and not have to have her leave me all week." Pitiful!

I don't know how working Moms do it! I truly don't. You amaze me! Women amaze me! We are pretty incredible folks, aren't we? It's a balancing act for all of us. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed...and sometimes I feel blessed to be so needed.

Our showcase, which kind of wraps the whole thing up will be Thursday evening, the 24th of July. I'm sure I'll get a few pics to post then...but I imagine I won't be posting much on "Hinson Home" for awhile...because our home will be pretty much abandoned!

1 comment:

Emily said...

It sounds like you are prepared for the next two weeks.
We will miss hearing all of your stories but, look forward to your return.
Give those boys a hug for me!