Thursday, October 23, 2008
In the Closet...
Our former house is mostly empty. All that remains are a few trivial belongings and my piano. I am teaching out of that house until the end of next week. So for now, when I teach there, the kids pack a bag of toys and play in their old (now very empty) room until Daddy comes to get them. For the most part, they do pretty well. However, on Wednesday, Noah was extremely tired just before we left to go teach so I decided to pack a pillow and some blankets, just in case he fell asleep on the way. He didn't, but I brought them inside anyway. Things were pretty quiet while I taught the first lesson. Then Levi came out, asking for some paper to draw on. "Where's Noah?" I asked. "He's asleep in the closet." he replied. "WHAT????" When I went to check on him, sure enough, he was asleep on the floor of his old closet- wrapped up in the blankets I'd brought, with his head on the pillow. Levi's idea, of course. The door to the closet was mostly closed. He slept like a baby! It cracked me up. Then today at naptime, he insisted on sleeping in his closet here at the new house. I tried to talk him out of it, but he wouldn't listen. So I guess that's his new special place....is that weird or what?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Comfort--wherever they find it I am good with!
We find our girls in their closet all the time reading to each other, playing house, school, whatever. The funniest thing!
Too cute! Hug those boys for me.
Love ya girl!
Hey- sleep is sleep. I would let him sleep there for a couple weeks. He'll probably get over it pretty soon.
I have a few pictures of Rylan sleeping in his closet. It's cozy, quiet, and different. If they will sleep, I don't care where it is.
Post a Comment