Sunday, January 25, 2009

Life On the Shelf...

I wish I had a picture to post with this entry- but I was too busy being "in" the moment to grab my camera. Noah wanted to play with Mommy today. He was "Daniel" and I was "Ventris." We played out various adventures, but as always- we ended up under a blanket. I don't know why, but Noah LOVES to play under blankets. It's like a secret world or something. Tonight, we formed the Under the Blanket Society. I made him repeat the pledge to be loyal and true to the UBS. He wrote our club song- it was something like, "We are under the blanket si-ety"- riveting stuff! The rest of the time, he just kept calling out to Levi and Josh, "Hey- you can't come in here! This is OUR si-ety! WE'RE under the blanket and YOU can't see us!" He giggled at one point and said, under his breath, "It's fun to say mean things to people." Honesty. I love it.

Later on in the evening, we were thrilled to be contestants on Levi's game show! The prizes were Ben 10 coloring pages, which he had colored. We had a blast patterning our behavior after contestants on the Price Is Right, my husbands ALL TIME favorite show. At the end of it all, Levi reminded us to have our pets spade or neutered.

I love snow days...ice days...whatever today was. It's always good to put your regular life on the shelf and just enjoy being together.

1 comment:

Browns said...

Noah speaks the truth--why is it fun to say mean thing to people sometimes?