Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Miss the Miracle of the Moment...

Yesterday, as I was speeding on a residential street, my mind racing with anxieties of the day, regrets of things too far gone to change and "to dos" yet to come, a song crept into my heart, courtesy of Stephen Curtis Chapman and K-Love.

It's time for letting go
All of our "if onlies"
Cause we don't have a time machine

And even if we did
Would we really want to use it
Would we really want to go change everything

Cause we are who and where and what we are for now
And this is the only moment we can do anything about

So breathe it in and breathe it out
And listen to your heartbeat
There's a wonder in the here and now
It's right there in front of you
And I don't want you to miss the miracle of the moment

It's amazing what a song can do...it can break your chain of thought altogether. I found myself crying. Why is it so hard for me to live in the moment...to be thankful for the right nows in life? My heart is nearly always heavy with regret or bubbling over with anxiety. The miracle of that moment was that song being able to break through all the noise in my head!

Today, I will try not to miss the miracle of the moment. In fact, I will become Miss the Miracle of the Moment...that is my new title. Seize the day! Enjoy this minute! And forget about yesterday and tomorrow. There is a wonder in the here and now- it's right here in front of me. Thank you God for the gifts you will offer me today...I'll try not to miss them.

1 comment:

Browns said...

Amen Sister--And I didn't forget the little people because you were given the award on my blog--did you see that?