Yesterday, Josh and Noah took Levi to Wichita Falls to meet his grandparents and go with them to Abilene for Camp KidQuest at ACU. I had to stay behind and work on my curriculum for CSAA which is in 3 weeks (so much to do- so little time). It made me sick not to be able to go and see him off properly. But he was very ready to go! It's the rest of us who are coping. Josh said when it was time to say goodbye, Noah cried and said, "I want my bubba." As soon as they got in the car to leave and come back to Ada, Noah had to call Mommy. "Can we go on the computer when I get home, Mommy?" "Sure, Noah. Mommy will help you with the computer." "No, I want to do it by myself like bubba." Poor kid. It's hard to be the baby, sometimes. It's amazing what just a few hours away from your children will do to you. I spend so many hours a day with those boys! This summer, Josh is working from 7 to 5 straight through- not even home for lunch. In addition to those hours, he's been on several trips for work. So these boys and I are functioning on our own most of the time. You would think I would need like two DAYS away to feel some relief, but just a few hours and I'm ready to see my little Noah again. He ran up the porch and straight into my arms. I soon became whatever Star Wars character he wanted to defeat. Then we spent some time coloring and playing on the computer. But just a few hours of play with Mommy and he was already missing big bubba. He insisted on sleeping in Levi's Transformer p.j.'s last night. And when he woke up this morning, he said, "I want my Levi." It's going to be a long week...
I'm missing him already, too. For years now, Levi and I have had special reading time together in the evenings. As boys grow older, they slowly lean on their Daddy's more and more. Reading is my way of staying connected to him. We began with books like "Where the Red Fern Grows" and "the Cay." Later, we read all of the "Harry Potter" series and now we're on #8 of the "Lemony Snicket" books. I know they're for young readers, but I must admit, I enjoy them quite a bit. And last night, my evening felt so incomplete. He mentioned that he might call me one night and have me read to him over the phone. I have to confess that I sat on the couch watching t.v. with my cell phone right beside me...waiting...in vain. It's only been one night...this is pathetic! I have GOT to get a life!
3 comments:
I am not sure that I could stand to be away from Rylan that long. And I can't imagine what Kyndal would do. Hopefully tomorrow, we can fill some of that emptiness for Noah. We are all looking forward to having him visit.
I will be in your same shoes next eek as Zachary goes off to church camp for the first time! I am already feeling some strong emotions! You don't need to get a life by the way, you have a great one and you are doing a might fine job at it too!
I think that is sweet. They grow up to fast--this is the time we have to cherish so if that means waiting for him to call so you can read to him, so be it!
Post a Comment