Monday, June 9, 2008

Quite a Trip...

We enjoyed our 10th anniversary in Waco. On Friday, we visited Dad at the courthouse and had our fill of the wii game system at their house! We played wii baseball until my arms felt like jello! Saturday we played more wii and enjoyed a nice steak dinner at the house. I can't remember the last time we grilled steaks! My brother Steve ended up coming down that afternoon and I enjoyed a good game of cards with my bubba before Josh and I took off for our date. We ate at the Outback, went furniture shopping (just thinking ahead) and saw the late showing of Indiana Jones. All in all, it was a lot of fun! Josh ended up leaving the next day to help his parents with their house, so the boys and I are home by ourselves for a few days. Here are some of the other highlights of our weekend:



Noah enjoyed his new firetruck from our friend Mr. Meyer!










And a new rocket, too! ->









Both the boys enjoyed some time in Grandpa's pond...









and some special time with Grammy on Sunday.




On the way home yesterday, I enjoyed listening to Noah's monologue. He went on and on for about half an hour about God. "God is in our car, Mommy. He's right there in that seat. He's buckling up now. I can touch him, Mommy. And Jackson's going to be in heaven, too, Mommy...and Grandpa and Grammy and bubba and you, too, Mommy!" Church really got him thinking, I guess. At one point, I said, "You know, Noah- God's not pretend." To which he replied, "I KNOW, Mommy...he's right there in that SEAT, I can SEE him!"

When we were just outside of Waco, I realized that Josh had the only house key we brought with us to Waco (not having anticipated his need to go to Abilene that weekend)...so he had to call a locksmith to meet us at the house upon our arrival! Both boys fell asleep in Ft. Worth and didn't wake up until we were through Ardmore. That was an answer to prayer! Mommy needed some peace and quiet! It had been QUITE a trip! Glad to be home this morning...the boys are busy playing and I can stay in my pajamas until noon, if I want to!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Looks like you had fun! I am sorry we missed seeing eachother. There is always next time. I am anxious to hear all of the details. I will call later and catch up! Have fun in your PJ's!