Only one more day until Noah gets his bubba back...and boy is he ready! We've kept very busy with trips to the Library, the Children's Museum and the pool...but nothing can replace the love of a bubba! We were listening to KLUV in the car and we heard the Newsboys "He Reigns." Noah said, "Mommy, that song is on Levi's movie." I wasn't sure what he meant. "What movie?" "Levi's movie of him at camp." I couldn't believe he remembered the DVD we got of Levi at KidQuest last year. We haven't watched it at all since then! So as soon as we got home, we found it and sure enough during a montage of photos of the campers and counselors, we heard "He Reigns." I guess it must have made a much bigger impact on him than I thought last year.
We will meet my in-laws in Wichita Falls tomorrow to get him. I spoke to him last night and he is doing MUCH better than we are. He has only called home a couple of times. He's really enjoying camp KidQuest. They go swimming and bowling everyday, in addition to outdoor art activities and getting to eat in "the Bean." How cool is THAT? Plus he's had the pleasure of two fun nights with his Uncles in Abilene and of course, some awesome time with Mema and Poppie! When I finished talking to him last night, I asked him if he wanted to talk to Daddy. He replied, "No. I'm good." I can't believe how independent he is. He's growing up so quickly. I know this is one of those moments where I should step back and recognize that as a good thing- security. But as his mommy, I have to admit that I feel a little sad that he doesn't need me more. That Lemony Snicket books remains unopened for the week. I'm looking forward to reading to him Saturday night and connecting again.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy pick up Levi Day! Give that oy a hug for me!
Post a Comment